Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Getting things accomplished

Well its official, today i got back my maiden name. Bitter sweet, however i feel like a failure. Why do i? I gues i think i failed at the marriage thing, but in reality, we had a great run for 22 years. What happened can happen to anyone, we all have our own set path, destiny and what not, and mine just wasnt in my favor. However, and i say however b/c i am not complaining. I asked, prayed and wanted a change in my life, yes, not to this level or deception, but here it is. I sit, on my couch, enjoying my quiet time before heading into work, i will make people beautiful today, make people laugh today, and i will reflect on what is important to me b/c i will be away from my most prized and worldley treasures i have. My KIDS!!! Before i took the time i had with them for granted, i thought the 12 years spent at home was boring, not sufficient, boring, the same thing over and over everyday. I wish i could get back the time, to think in a differnt way, to see the time spent would go by in a flash, that as a good friend just told me" we only have 18 Summers with our kids." i cant gain the time back,  i do have many memories, and they do too.I was there everyday to pick up my kids from school, make their snacks and enjoy cartoons with them and playing outside. I am fortunate to have had so much time with my amazing kids, and i will remember i still do, time is what we make of it, so make yours worth every second.

2 comments:

  1. You didn't fail. Your ex did. You have nothing to regret or be ashamed of. I am so proud of you and everything you have done. You seem to be an amazing Mom and you have a great family. I love you so much and I say, You go girl! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you @cookiemaker for your kind words, everyday is a struggle that is for sure. But i have to "just keep swimming" my four kids are looking to me for guidance.. No pressure at all, lol!!!

      Delete